Followers

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Presents and New Year's Eve

It's been a few months since I posted and it's mostly because I haven't had enough "fodder" for my blog. But... I have a couple of doozies for you today.

Christmas Presents...

Saturday (the 29th), I opened presents with Amy, Rex, Isaiah, and Anna. Isaiah was having a bit of a rough day and had a bit of "attitude" about things. Amy had to call him out on talking back to her and during her conversation with him, I had to leave the room.

Amy: Isaiah, you need to calm down. I'm tired of you being smart-mouthed. You need to quit being smart with me.
Isaiah: (obviously struggling to be calm) But... but.. but... I'm trying to tell you.
Amy: Take deep breaths, calm down, calm down.
Isaiah: (jerking his arms and really upset) But, I want to be smart! (crying in earnest) Don't you want me to be smart?

It's then that I knew if I didn't leave the room the whole thing was going to blow up. Even Amy had to hide a smile as she explained the difference between "smart mouthed" and "smart" to him.

Once he got himself under control, he was able to open his presents, which he really enjoyed. He's getting so big and he's a great big brother to Anna.

New Year's Eve...

I was invited down to spend the afternoon/evening and enjoy an evening of playing games. Amy had bought Clue, Phase 10, and Yahtzee. Amy, Isaiah, and I played a round of Clue while Rex was at the store. Amy and I had each figured out that "Plum" was the guilty character so that's the only one we were concentrating on. Isaiah's character was "Mustard" and after the game was over, he was upset because we didn't pick him. He wanted to draw Intrigue cards from the deck.

I told him the next game, I'd make sure that I picked him and that I hadn't this time because I knew that Mustard was not guilty.

Later, Isaiah set up the game again for us to play. Rex and I played while Amy took care of Anna. It didn't take us very long to figure out that "Mustard" was the guilty character (Isaiah had picked him again). After we finished the game, Rex said that he figured out (based on Isaiah's concerns the previous game) that the guilty character would be Mustard and all we had to figure out was "where" and with what weapon. Isaiah said he didn't stack the deck, but we think he at least made sure that Mustard was the guilty character.

No comments: